January 12, 2010

Sleeping Isn't Working

Pat has been gone almost a week now. Things have been surprisingly easier than I thought they would be. Something I didn't foresee was that Ryan would act better with Pat away than when he is home. What I mean by that is when Pat is home Ryan is a limit pusher. He tests and challenges his parents on all things. With Pat away, he's a slightly better listener and isn't pushing the limits quite as much. I'm not exactly sure why he's been so manageable, but I feel very lucky for that turn of events.
I haven't been able to talk to Pat on the phone in days. He also is not using e-mail. He has absolutely no idea how things are going with the kids. I guess I feel lucky that things are going so well considering he couldn't make me feel better if that weren't the case.
Something that hasn't been working so well is Sean sleeping. The past 3 nights he's been waking up way more often. At first I thought it was a fluke, just a bad night or something. The next night I thought it was because he needed to poop (which is something he very rarely does). Now that it happened again, I am almost sure my little guy is in his three month growth spurt. I've noticed an increase in the times he's nursing during the day too. On a good note about him sleeping I did get him down just after 8 p.m. last night and he's currently still sleeping. However, he did have many nursing sessions in between.
To add to my sleeping woes, Ryan hasn't been the best sleeper lately either. He can sometimes be difficult to get to bed, although I'm figuring out some tactics that work. He wakes up altogether too early though. Last night he woke up once in the middle of the night and then again at 5:45 a.m. Waking up at 5:45 is like a warning that morning is almost here for us. I can get him back to bed for about 25 minutes then he's up for good. Last night I thought I would ensure a great rest. I had the kids down early so I could tidy up and take a nice shower. I was in bed by 10 p.m. Unfortunately at one of my wake ups around 1 a.m. I felt miserable. I was sneezing, coughing, wheezing, and congested. Thankfully this morning I am feeling much better.
I'm excited that Pat is coming home tomorrow. I'm hoping sleep will come home tomorrow too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...