January 21, 2010

Falling Behind

Ryan has been sick for the past few days. It started with a crappy night sleep Monday night. Tuesday his temperature was 99.8 when he woke up, but he seemed to be pretty much himself so I wasn't worried. I gave him some Tylenol and went about our day. By nap time I could tell he was sick. He went down for a nap early and didn't sleep long. When he woke up his temperature was up to 104.6. I was freaked out. His whole body was burning up. I called the doctor and the nurse said to bring him right in. The doctor saw him and couldn't find the cause of the fever. He gave me lots of advice and sent us home to rest. Wednesday Ryan's fever was gone but a cough emerged as the main symptom. The cough is particularly bothersome at night. Yesterday the Pediatrician even called to check on Ryan. (and I don't mean his nurse, I actually mean he himself called) I'm thankful I have a good place to bring the kids when they are sick.

As a result of all of that sickness I am falling behind. I'm falling behind in sleep. I am averaging 4 or 5 hours a night. I am so tired that when the day is done I almost want to cry from exhaustion. I'm also getting back logged with daily chores. Ryan being sick means he's very needy. That results in me not getting anything done. Hopefully as he starts to get over this I'll be more productive. I do not want to fall back into my previous disorganization.

Just a quick update to add--Ryan went poop on the potty twice yesterday and kept his diaper dry all day. He even woke up to a dry diaper this morning. I have him in big boy underwear today. Hopefully we won't have many accidents. It is hard to bring him to the potty a million times while taking care of a clingy baby. Speaking of a clingy baby, I've heard him cough a few times in the past 24 hours. I hope that is a fluke. I do not want any more sick children.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...