January 19, 2010

Exciting is....(tmi--mommy talk)

Exciting in my house is....
the first ever poop in the potty. Yay Ryan! He is definitely a kid that likes his privacy. The first time he did pee in the potty (which feels like ages ago) no one was in the room with him. Pat had just left to go grab a diaper, and Ryan let loose. We were all so proud. Since then he's been peeing on the potty frequently, but had yet to poop on the potty. This morning as he woke up, he yelled that he needed to go potty. As I got him set up I saw that he had done a little poop in his diaper. I went to grab a diaper, and to my surprise he had finished his poop on his potty by the time I got back. When I looked at him his gave me the sign for one more minute and let out a finishing toot. I guess it is exciting to me because at least I know that he understands where it is supposed to go. With this new progress, I have renewed hope that we are moving in the right direction to be diaper free in the future. I have to add that I do not feel that children should be pressured to potty, and they'll do it in their own time. I am just happy to see Ryan making a step in the potty training journey. Woo Hoo!

Sorry for the potty talk, but a Mom has to brag sometimes. Now back to all things non-potty.

2 comments:

Devon said...

Yay! Congratulations! I am so jealous!
I hope that he continues great progress!

Robyn said...

YEAY RYAN!!! What a big step!! And, I firmly agree with you about letting them do it on their own. That is why Porter is potty trained now.

Good job Ryan!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...