January 26, 2010

Here's the Scoop

I've been away for a little bit; I'm sorry. I'm feeling fine now. It seems to have been about a 24 hour bug or something I ate. I survived Pat's duty, even though I felt crappy. He came home feeling crappy too of course. He felt like he had what I did, but he did not actually get sick. Thankfully he's feeling better too.

Ryan is still going potty. He hasn't had an accident yet, although I'm probably just jinxing us. Last night he was at daycare because we had an FRG meeting to go to. I didn't tell them about his potty training when I dropped him off. I had him in a pull-up so I figured if he had an accident it wouldn't be a big deal. (Just as a side note here, he was the only toddler there. I felt bad for him. The only other child was a 9 month old, but Ryan did a great job and was a big boy.) When I picked him up, they told me he went potty twice! I'm just so impressed that he did it for a stranger. I am amazed and proud at how well Ryan has done. He's turning into such a big boy.

Speaking of the FRG meeting, we now have a better idea of when Pat will be leaving. I'm not going to post that here now obviously, but I'm sure if we talk I can fill you in on what was put out. Also, I can say that Pat will most likely be living in a tent for a very long time over there. Since he will be part of the surge, his living conditions will not be what they were last time. I'll share more of what I can when I can.

A couple of Pat's friends from high school are coming in this weekend. I'm trying to get the house in order. After we were all sick, it has become a little less neat than I would like. I'm starting to catch up on everything though.

And since I didn't get to post on Monday, here is my meal planning a day late. (some of these are things from the last week that we didn't get around to making)
Creamy Basil Chicken Pasta
Teriyaki Sirloin Tips with Pasta and Broccoli
Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken (this is a modified recipe of This from a great blog I came across, and Pat really liked this dish)
And on Saturday with the company I think I'll make some more of the BBQ Pulled Pork.

1 comment:

Devon said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. It is sooo hard to take care of children when you aren't well.
Thanks for sharing the recipes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE bacon, and that was one of my favorite things to order at the texas steakhouse. i never thought about making it at home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...