July 17, 2010

Updates From My Home

There are so many updates that I've been meaning to post so here are a few of the recent happenings around here.

The dogs seem to be getting along better after the fight. We've had to make a new routine to keep them all safe, but it seems to be working well. I just have to hope that they do not have any more trouble.

Sean is sleeping in his crib. We've moved past the so upset about being put in the crib phase. We did make a brief stop right back to where we were before co-sleeping, which was waking up every 2 hours. Thankfully, last night he only got up 3 times in the 11 hours that he slept. That is a huge improvement for him. So maybe we are getting somewhere. I think this is a good move for both of us.

Ryan has been absolutely AWESOME lately. He's been a huge helper and is really starting to listen to me (most of the time). Even more impressive is that he's actually being quiet at night when Sean goes to bed. I am so thankful for him being a good boy lately. We've been having a lot of fun together.

I am totally missing my husband these days. They've had a very long period of communication blackouts lately. Sadly, we've lost a Soldier from our battalion and had a few severe injuries. I pray for the comfort of the family dealing with the loss, for the injured Soldiers to heal, and for the safety of all our Soldiers serving. This is by far the scariest deployment Pat has done yet. The mission they have is a very dangerous one, and I worry about the unit constantly. I haven't been able to talk to Pat in what feels like a long time. In addition to not talking, he has not been able to e-mail either. Without communication with him I feel so alone, and there is so much that I want to talk to him about. Every night I go to bed hoping I'll wake up to an e-mail from him, and maybe tomorrow morning I will.

With any free time I have I've either been reading or crafting. I'd done several cards with my new supplies. Here area few photos:




3 comments:

Erin said...

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Jessica said...

so glad that the sleeping is going better

praying with you for the safety of the troops

and I love the cards! very crafty! =)

Jenna said...

Thoughts, hugs, and prayers your way.

Also, I love your cards! They are beautiful! I love scrapbooking and want to advance to cards and such, but haven't gotten to it yet. Beautiful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...