July 28, 2010

Secrets

Quick note before I tell you about things here:

This is the last chance to get on the mailing list for a Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Catalog. Let me know if you want one mailed to you. There are some awesome items in there and more than just stamps. You won't want to miss the punches, papers, big shot dies, and so much more. If you are planning Christmas cards or crafts, you need to see it.

Finally after a long time of not hearing from Pat at all--no e-mail or calls, I finally got to talk to him yesterday. It was so great to hear his voice and chat, but there is a part of the conversation that just didn't fulfill me. I am a need to know type of person. I do not like secrets or surprises. Well, it isn't that I don't like them, it's just I'd rather know everything NOW! There is so much that Pat cannot tell me from over there. I don't know what he does day to day. I do not know if he's safe or not. I do not know much about what this year is like for him. With his life being a mystery to me, I feel a bit disconnected from him.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand it's the nature of the job, but I've never been as clueless as I am during this deployment. Thankfully the news reports from reporters with our unit over there have kept me in the know and the news I get as FRG leader helps fulfill my desire to understand life over there.

Things here have been going pretty well. We're staying busy every week, sometimes busier than I'd like. Sean has been kind of cranky lately; I think he may be getting ready to get his top teeth now. He's crawling all over the place. Just like Ryan did as a baby, Sean prefers the Army crawl still. He's even pulled himself up to standing recently. Ryan probably isn't liking Sean being so mobile. Ryan feels the need to protect all his toys from Sean. We're working on sharing and taking turns. Hopefully school will help Ryan with that concept.

7 weeks down. I have to say I'm glad it's almost August because then I feel like summer is winding down. I hate summer. I cannot wait for fall and most importantly winter when I'll see my hubby again.

3 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

I try to like summer too but by this point I am ready for pretty leaves & sweaters.

It's hard not knowing what they are doing over there too. *hugs*

Jessica said...

so glad you were able to talk with your hubby =)

I am so with you...I am ready for cooler weather...actaully I would settle for 90 right now...these 100+ days are no fun =(

and your so right...its hard not knowing whats going on...hang in there sweety =)

Unknown said...

FALL! It's my favorite season :)

I generally need to know everything that's going on...but I found with my husbands deployment that I was totally ok not knowing what was going on...I liked living in my self denial bubble where he was perfectly safe! Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...