July 12, 2010

A Series of Unfortunate Events

So lately it has been a series of unfortunate events. I feel like I'm in a bad day that rather than ending with bedtime, it continues the next day and the one after that. I don't like to relive my bad days because I often find myself ashamed of my shortcomings during and just after such events.

But since there doesn't seem to be an end in sight, to summarize my recent days I can say it has been filled with:
a violent dog fight, dog pee on my stuff, dog poo in my child's hands, waking up at 5:30 to children who wake up cranky, no naps for my oldest, my potty trained son who sometimes forgets to "hold it down" and leaves pee all across the bathroom floor, and the glass light falling to the ground shattering everywhere and leaving my fingers with tiny bloody cuts.

I'm sure I'm forgetting more, but I just feel worn down. I think I need a morale boost. I do look at the good side that hopefully all my bad luck or whatever it is is going to be over soon, at least I hope.

2 comments:

Dawnll said...

Oh no sounds like the bad gremlins have invaded your space! Take a glass of your favorite drink, and precede to sit down and drink the entire glass in what ever room or outside space you can spend enough minutes by yourself to finish the glass. Now take a deep breath and smile. It might be hard at first but the gremlins will realize they need to leave if they see you smiling.
Trust me it works, my three children are all alive and in their 20's. The dog is gone, but he really did die of old age.
Hang in there sweetie
Hugz to you

Jessica said...

That sounds like a REALLY icky week =(
Hang in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...