July 2, 2010

Catching Up--MilSpouse Friday Fill-In 1

I'm a week late to start this, but this link up looks like a lot of fun. You can check it out at Wife of a Sailor's Blog.
1. How did you and your spouse/significant other meet?
Pat and I met in college. We had some mutual friends, so I knew who he was. We actually started talking for the first time in a bar. My roommate could not hold her liquor and thought it was a funny game to start throwing beer bottles (just for reference, this was a hole in the wall college bar). Pat stopped my roommate from being stupid, and I went over to thank him. In the end, I wasn't friends with that roommate much longer, but instead I found the love of my life. For that I am forever grateful.
2. What is the best thing about being a MilSpouse?
For me, it forces me to be independent when my husband isn't around. Without being a MilSpouse I think I might lose that side of my identity because I easily fall back into being dependent on Pat when he is around.
3. What is the hardest thing about being a MilSpouse?
The hardest part for me would be raising my family as a single mom for a year at a time over and over again. I worry if I am enough for my children. Also missing my other half for long periods of time is pretty hard too.
4. What is your favorite dish?
Hmm...this probably changes daily. I really like stuffed shells or lasagna. I feel accomplished when I make them and to me they are comfort food.
5. If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be?
Well, there are a lot of things in this world that I'd like to change. One of those things would be the way people threat animals. I feel that animals (like children) do not have a voice to protect themselves and advocate for what is best. I wish people would stop the cruelty, neglect, and stupidity towards animals.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...