July 2, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

1. Tell us about your dream job… one that you could do regardless of pay.
Here's another one where my dream job changes. Right now I have the best job I could imagine. I get to stay home and devote myself to raising my family. Some people have two jobs--raising their family and a regular job. That works best for them. I'm not saying I do more, but I probably get more time to do things with the kids during the days. For that extra time I am thankful. However, this may sound stupid, but I've had a desire for a long time to bring some money in by doing something crafty. One day I hope that maybe my card making, stamping, and crafting could provide me with a little money to add to our income. (Obviously not much, but to make some would be a dream for me.)
And I should add that I have yet to figure out what I want to do when the kids grow up.
2. What is your most prized material possession (kids and pets don’t count!)?
I think I would say the drawing that my parents had done from a picture of me and Pat on the day we got engaged. It hangs over our mantle and reminds me of where we came from and how far we've come over the years.
3. What has been your favorite duty station and why?
In the 6 years Pat's been in the Army, we've only been to two duty stations. So crazy as it may sound, Ft. Sill was my favorite. When comparing the two we've experienced, Ft. Sill was much more family friendly, had a community feel, and I felt like the people were nicer there. We'd love to go back there if Pat could get an instructor position there in the future.
4. What is your least favorite household chore?
Doing the dishes without a doubt.
5. If you could give one piece of advice to a teenager today (not specifically a MilTeen), what would it be?
It would be to work hard in school and try their best. I know that for me, I put in enough effort to get good grades, but stopped there. What would it have been if I had given my all? How much further would I have gone? I always look back and wish I had applied myself even more than I did. Kids don't realize it at the time but doors will open as a result of your hard work. And don't pass up great opportunities to learn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo... those sketches sound amazing!

Thanks for participating and I hope you'll join us next week!

Kelly's Lucky You said...

Loved reading this....

We have the same dream job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...