August 5, 2008

That Is A Blow

Today we had a blow to our morale.  Pat called to tell me his R & R was canceled.  I am not all that surprised, and I do understand.  However, my big problem is that they really killed my husband's morale.  Pat has been told for over 3 months that he was still getting R & R even with their plans to come home early.  He was really looking forward to seeing his son and needed a break from the job that he is doing over there.  Pat is definitely over worked and under-appreciated.  Pat feels bad for me that he isn't coming home, but as I told him, "I am strong, I can make it."  I feel awful that he is upset and I cannot make it better.  I know we are lucky that he'll only be gone a bit over 8 months, so it isn't really the fact of how long he'll be gone as much as it is the fact that he is disappointed and upset.  I'm just so sad for him right now.         

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...