August 26, 2008

Overcoming Obstacles

Yesterday I accomplished quite a bit and overcame a couple obstacles.  Despite hitting some bumps in the road :), I installed Ryan's big boy car seat.  I had been putting it off for as long as I could, but it's finally done.  Then disaster hit my house in the form of dog vomit all over the light colored carpet.  It was so bad that I didn't even know where or how to start cleaning.  I got out the spot cleaner, and that worked pretty well on the first spot.  However, the second spot was too much and too deep.  It was just pushing the stain around making it a bigger mess.  Before Pat left for deployment we bought a steam cleaner but never got around to using it.  I got it out of the garage and assembled it the best I could.  It worked so well, and I don't know what I would have done without it.  Right after I got that cleaned up, the Vet called to check on how Abbey was doing.  I told her I hadn't seen any change, and she said she suspected that would be the case.  She said we'd need to move on to the expensive medicine.  However, the price she can get is way higher than what I've researched.  She told me to get price quotes from all the places I can find it, and we'll try to do it like that.  It looks like it will be about $160 every 24 days like I wrote a few posts back.  Now that certainly calls for me to revise our budget.  Dang, she's an expensive dog.  I'll be calling around today to see what I can find for prices.

Ryan woke up on the dot at 5:01 a.m.  I even put him to bed a little later last night.  He didn't wake up at 10:00 p.m. like the past few nights so at least that is better.  I'm hoping to get him sleeping later pretty soon.  Mommy is getting quite tired.  

Today marks 4 months of this deployment done.  I can't believe it's been 4 months.  Only around 4.5 left to go, hopefully.  I am definitely looking forward to having a little help around here when Pat returns, but most of all just having my best friend back is enough to make me happy.  

    

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Oh I hate dog vomit...what kind of steam cleaner do you have? We are going to have to get a new one for the next house.

Can you see about getting her medicine online at like petmeds or something like that?

That is so exciting about Ryan's big boy carseat!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...