June 28, 2011

Real Momma, Real Style

Have you ever found a blog that is completely different than yours, but it inspires you?  A while ago I found Nina at Momma Go Round.  Things I love about Nina and her blog are that she's trying to spruce up her style since becoming a momma, and most mommas can relate to that.  She doesn't spend a fortune on her clothes.  She is committed to trying new styles.  But my favorite part is that she tries to use what she already has.

I've posted before about how I need to put more effort into style.  I'm slowly trying, and of course since I'm frugal I'm trying to use what I have.

The other day I decided to pull out a dress that I wore 5 years ago, and it has been sitting in my closet ever since.  I wore this dress on our anniversary dinner during my hubby's R & R on his first deployment.  I was a lot skinnier then, so this was risky to pull out now especially considering the stripes.  Normally I would let the dress wait for some special occasion but not anymore with this new inspiration.  A little black tank underneath and I was set to go...off to Walmart to grocery shop because that is special enough, right?



Dress was from a boutique shop in OKC (I don't remember the name) and the tank is ON.  

Here's my promise though:  if I ever do one of these posts again, I swear I will work on not looking so awkward posing for the camera, and I will find better backgrounds than the side of my house. ;)

I'm linking up to:
Momma Go Round

Shelly

8 comments:

Heather said...

You look great! The dress is super cute & I love the tank under it!

Blessings,
Heather

Monica B said...

You look great!

Rolled Up Pretty said...

I seriously love stripes right now, this is so dang cute! I found ya through Momma Go Round, don't you LOVE link ups?! I know I do! K well have a great day!
Savannah
http://rolledupprettyandcutoffthoughts.blogspot.com/

Shell said...

Such a cute dress!

Conni said...

yup looks great for a trip to Walmart!!

Visitng from Real Momma, Real Style, Thanks for sharing

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

I LOVE IT!!! SO cute and totally doesn't look like it's a) 5 years old or b) too small at all. So awesome! Way to step outside the box. I'm including you in my feature post this week!

Sandra said...

Oh stop, you don't look awkward. Actually you look quite sexy! And the dress looks great! I too would wear it to Walmart (basically because Walmart is the only place I ever go...)

Jessica said...

you look great! love the dress!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...