June 20, 2011

Quick Trip

This weekend I made a quick trip up to Boston to take care of some personal business.  My parents flew out to watch the boys while the hubby was working, and I flew up north.  I stayed at my parents house in the town I grew up in with my sister.  I hadn't been there in 2 years.  It was nice to see the familiar sights again.  It made me realize some things I missed that I didn't even realize.  It also gave me ideas of what I want in the next town we move to.  Unfortunately, I was too busy to see some of my favorite things, but the boys and I will be making a trip back up in July for a few weeks.
Source 
Source
Source
I was gone just under 48 hours.  The kids were in excellent care, but it was hard to be away from them.  This was the first time I was ever away from Sean for a night.  He took it pretty hard at bed and nap times, but his Grammy and Grumps were able to distract him from my absence the rest of the time.  Ryan loved visiting with Grammy and Grumps, so he did pretty well.  Ryan and I were able to talk on the phone, and let me tell you, he is the sweetest boy on the phone.

The best part though was when I returned to Nashville.  My three boys were waiting for me there, and I was greeted by big hugs, smiles, laughter, and Starbucks.  

It was a very busy two days.  I am completely exhausted.  I think it will take us a few days to get back to normal and catch up on things around here.

Shelly

8 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

...stopping by to say hello ...saw your post on my google reader...I dont have to be at work until the afternoon..so catching up a little on my blog reading.

The photos you show look wonderful. How great to have your parents be with your boys when you went on your trip.

Blessings & Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Your home town looks amazing!

The Fischer Family said...

Oh I love Boston...and what beautiful pictures! Just the perfect place to grow up! Glad you had a good trip!

Laura said...

Hey Im a new follow thanks to the Military Monday Blog Hop. Your pics are beautiful, makes me want to take a trip to Boston!

Stacielynn said...

What a whirlwind trip! I also love trips back home to Boston...I was hoping I could tell where you were from the pics but I'm not as big of an expert as I thought. ;)

Unknown said...

I love going home to Boston! I always make sure to go by Castle Island:) Hope you get everything done on your next trip up there:)

Lisa said...

Shelly,
I just wanted you to know that I am completely moved over to WordPress now, but for some strange reason, Google Friend Connect may not be picking up new posts from me so that you can see them in your Blogger Buzz updates on your dashboard (if you use that at all.) Anyway, I don't want to lose connection with you, so would you do me a huge favor and use the link and go over to the new site and either subscribe thru email, RSS feed (the dark pink flower button under "Get Connected!") or go thru Friend Connect again and see if that works. I'm so sorry about the hassle, but I really want to stay in contact with you! And I will still be reading and commenting on your blog whenever I can too! Thanks.
Lisa
Come Visit Anytime!

Anne Garry said...

Wow,I am sure you really missed your boys!I bet while you were in your trip you were thinking about them.It is nice to be childless for a while,but the part where the moment you are going to see them,hug them and give them lots of kisses are the best! sometimes one hour not seeing your kids ,is like one day.The attachment is so different when you get to stay with them 24.7
by the way,Kim and I were emailing back and forth.thank you so much for the link that you post on your june 16 "who I am "post.I went ahead and asked info about my blog design.hope you get to rest.
thanks for the bird's nest comment that you left in my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...