June 3, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #43

  1. It’s now June (woot!)… what plans do you have for the summer?  I have some things going on that will make me travel quite a bit this summer, but as a result I'll get to spend a few weeks with my family up in New England.  I'm excited about spending some of the summer time there.  I haven't been up for a visit in a long, long time.  For the rest of the summer plans it is just to enjoy every minute possible with the boys and Pat.    
  2. What is your favorite summer memory as a kid?  Summer has never been my favorite season, but one thing I loved during summer was having BBQs and eating on the deck with my family.  
  3. If wild animals could be made pets without fear of them ever being dangerous, what kind of exotic animal would you want as a pet?  Hmm...this is a hard one.  Probably something cuddly that I could care for.  Maybe some sort of monkey.  
  4. Is there anything about deployments that you do like? submitted by The Thrifty Military Wife  Sure, extra pay, getting to experience the homecoming, being forced to be independent and grow, and learning new ways to communicate in our marriage.  While there is a little silver lining to the dark cloud, it's still a dark cloud though.  
  5. I’m starting to run out of questions again… so please give me a question you’d like to see (off-the-wall will most likely make it because we seem to have used a lot of the “traditional” ones).  What is one thing about you that people do NOT typically notice at first that you wish they would?
I'm taking a break from the vacation recap to do the friday fill-in at Wife of a Sailor.  I'll post about the time at Disney World next week.  


post signature

3 comments:

The Vollmers said...

Hi! I see you guys just finished a Walt Disney World trip! I enjoy reading other families' adventures. We're going next weekend, and there's nothing like it in the world. We're hoping to do a Disney Cruise in January...one of the perks of being stationed in Florida :-)

Eights on the Move said...

Thanks for stopping by - looking forward to reading about your trip to Disney!

Christina said...

Yes there is a lot that is good about deployment but like you said we have to have a silver lining in this experience or i am sure we would go crazy.

I don't think we will travel much this summer because we have a lot going on here at home and my husband will only be home the first two weeks in July and you know how that goes, you can only pack so much into 2 weeks R&R. But enjoy your travels well you can and have a fun summer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...