June 24, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #46

  1. Are you a different person than you were five years ago? submitted by Sisterly Thoughts  I am very different in many ways.  My hubby was on his first deployment.  Everything Army was new and exciting.  We were practically newlyweds still just celebrating 2 years of marriage.  We didn't have kids.  Now hubby has finished his third deployment.  The Army is neither new nor exciting to me anymore.  We're way past the newlywed phase.  Plus we have two little boys that our world revolves around.  I've learned a ton in those past 5 years, so I feel it appropriate to say I am a different person.  
  2. If you could go on Amazing Race, who would you take with you as your partner and why? submitted by Thoughts from a Poekitten  We don't watch the Amazing Race, but the other night hubby and I were talking about if we would be a good team for it.   I was surprised that my hubby thought we'd do well together.  I agree that in general we'd be a great team, but I freely admit there would be a lot of bickering along the way.  We are both very opinionated and stubborn.  
  3. Does Facebook or Twitter actually bring more stress or good in to your life? submitted by Just an Arizona Girl  I've found that there are certain friends on facebook that I find annoying.  Whenever I read their status updates it puts me in a bad mood.  They just have that affect over me with the types of statuses they post.  If I block their status updates, I'm a much happier person.  I don't use twitter, and sometimes I think about quitting facebook.  I'll keep it, but I don't use it often.  
  4. June is National Soul Food Month- what’s your soul food? submitted by NH Girl Displaced  Gravy.  Anything with gravy.  My mother makes the best gravy in this world.  Thankfully I've been able to make a decent version of hers.  I think gravy is liquid gold.  
  5. If you could live in any other era than the current, which one would it be & why? submitted bySugar in My Grits  I know some of you will cringe at this, but 1950's.  I love the clothes--dresses with small waists and full skirts.  I am a stay at home mom/homemaker now.  I take it seriously.  I would totally fail at keeping the house clean in the 1950's standards (heck I fail by today's standards too!).  But I just like how idealistic life seems.  It was definitely a family oriented time.  Also, what could be more exciting than being there for the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement.  
Go link up with Wife of a Sailor!
Shelly

3 comments:

Monica B said...

1950's would be interesting, but I 100% agree with you about the housekeeping! I fail by both standards too! Definitely not my forte!

Christina said...

I think I am in the same boat as you with question 1. The Army is no longer new or exciting, but at least it is a secure job. I just wish the guys didn't have to go so much.

Same with the Amazing Race. We do watch it. Like you guys we are both opinionated and stubborn but this seems to go away once the couples on AR find out they have to cooperate or else they will fail. I wouldn't go on though because I hate heights and they eat a lot of things I could never stomach.

I only use FB because most of my family is on it and I want to keep in touch with them, but I am not an FB junkie. Like with my blog I am not the most consistent person with computer things.

Me too, as far as the 1950's go. My mom loved the 50's and she passed away 4 years ago, so whenever I think 50's I think of her joy over this era. So I would totally have to go with the 50's.

Heather said...

I'd pick the 50's too. I am newly engaged & more than anything, I want to be a woman after God's own heart & the best wife & mother possible. My family will always come first!

I'm your newest follower coming from the Military Blog Hop! :)

Blessings,
Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...