June 27, 2011

The Memories We Keep

Yesterday was Sesame Street Live with Elmo.  It is such an amazing feeling to see your children smile and marvel at new experiences.  I was so filled with joy watching Sean dance to the music and Ryan bouncing in his seat.

It's also funny to think about the memories we choose to keep and those we try to toss away--like the screaming fit Sean was having near the end of the show because he wanted to get closer to the stage, or on the ride home when Ryan became quite sad because Batman wasn't at the show.

At the end though, those little little hiccups won't interfere with my memories of a fun and happy day.  Just seeing the amazement on their faces was enough for me to say it was a perfect day.      

Please excuse the quality of these shots, the theater was dark.




Shelly

2 comments:

Anne Garry said...

Wow Fun! I would love to take my Princesses to the Princess theater show or something one day. I am sure you are smiling watching them having fun.Their expressions and all that stuff. It is precious! You just want to just watch them having fun isnt it??

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful experience for you guys! I would love to take my little guy to an Elmo show but he won't sit still if his life depended on it. :)

Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...