March 22, 2010

A Sweet Little Boy

Anyone that spends time with my family gets to see a certain side of Ryan. This is the side that is most commonly displayed. Most of the time Ryan is a fiercely independent little boy who has to do everything his own way. He doesn't listen to him Mommy and frequently disobeys her. If you stay for more than 5 minutes, you'll probably have the opportunity to see Ryan point his finger at me, give the evil eye, and say "Bad Momma" at me. He is definitely a bucket of laughs, but it really can get frustrating dealing with him sometimes. After a long day it is hard to have patience with this side of Ryan.

But there is another side of Ryan that many people do not get to see. Hidden behind his stubborn, independent side is a sweet little boy. Each day no matter how often Ryan was on my last nerve, there is always some moment we share that I will treasure forever. Sometimes it is when we are watching TV before going to his bed when he reaches behind my back and rubs it. Or it may be when he sees me getting teary eyed from exhaustion and frustration and he comes up and gives me a hug. And it could be the random kisses he sometimes shares with me. Or maybe even when he wants to just cuddle in my lap.

I know I am just wasting time getting frustrated with him. I need to remember that no matter how he tests me and pushes the limits, he is a sweet little boy. I am so lucky that I get to see both sides of him.

And in my mind, the little boy that called me into his room at 8:45 p.m. tonight to ask me to get the boogie out of his nose, is one of the sweetest boys ever.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...