March 19, 2010

Banana Bread

I think it is time to make some banana bread, huh?
Thankfully this bread seems to freeze pretty well, so I was able to make a few loaves of bread tonight. However, it was a long process since I only have one loaf pan. I personally think this bread is very yummy, and I make it all the time. Here is the recipe I use that I got from my mother.

Ingredients: 2/3 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Eggs, beaten
1 3/4 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 or 3 Ripe Bananas, mashed
Chopped Walnuts to Liking

Mix flours into sugar, oil, and eggs. Add 2 or 3 mashed bananas. Add nuts if you are using them, but you don't have to. I usually do not have nuts on hand.

Bake in a greased and floured loaf pan 1 hour at 350 degrees. (I've found 50-55 minutes works perfect for me.)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...