March 18, 2010

My Best Friend

Pat has been gone for almost 3 weeks now. While I miss him terribly, I'm finding things are getting easier now that we are in our routine (and the kids are not sick!). I've been thinking a lot lately about how lucky I am to be married to my best friend. I am sure most people reading this are thinking, "duh, everyone is married to their best friend", but judging by the high divorce rate some are not as lucky as I am. Pat and I really were made for each other. Our quirks all fit in our relationship. We love each other not only in spite of our flaws but because of them. It is hard to go so long without being able to have a real conversation with your best friend. As I've told many people and most other military wives can attest that the time apart while strenuous and lonely can also bring great insight and closeness within a marriage. This month has given me a reminder of how important it is to enjoy every moment we can be together as a family. I want to live these next couple months before Pat leaves to the fullest. The memories of the time we spent together along with the dreams of our future adventures are what will get me through the long year apart.
I've started to plan some great activities for us when Pat gets home. With such a short time before he deploys though it is going to have to be a balancing act between the things we NEED to get done and what we WANT to do. I expect over the next couple of months you'll be seeing lots of posts about our family adventures, and I cannot wait. (Hopefully I'll remember my camera to document our fun in photos too!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...