February 23, 2010

Spicy Salsa Pasta and Beef

Here is a recipe that I said I'd share. It is an easy and quick meal. It reminds us of hamburger helper but homemade.

Brown 1lb. ground beef in skillet. I add onion too. Drain fat.

Stir in 1 can condensed beef broth and 1 1/3 cup water and bring to a boil.

Add 2 cups uncooked medium shell shaped pasta. (although I bet you could use a different shape just fine) Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently until pasta is tender.

Stir in 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup and 1/2 to 1 cup of salsa depending on how spicy you like it. Cook until mixture is hot and bubbly.

I like to stir in a bit of shredded cheese and put a little on the top. Tonight I'm spreading some bacon that was left over from last night's meal over the top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...