February 17, 2010

A Few Beauty Must Haves

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner
Yes, this product is expensive for an eyeshadow, but I believe it is 100% worth the price. This cream shadow goes on smooth, and the color is buildable. With a moderate application, it leaves a sheen with a hint of color. I like a more natural look, and this definitely gives the "natural only better" quality to your eye. I bought it in the flatter me color which is a mix or brown and pink. On my last trip to Sephora I checked out the other colors, but I'll be honest that they all looked fairly similar. So I decided to stick with the one color I have and use it till it is gone, which I think will take a while. The reasons this shadow is a must are that as the name says it doesn't crease, it looks natural and beautiful, and most of all because it literally stays ALL DAY! When I go to remove my makeup at night it is still there. I'm not sure I can say that about any other shadow I've tried in the past.

L'Oreal Everpure Shampoo
I have curly hair. Curly hair tends to be on the dry side. I saw a little hint in my Parents magazine saying that these sulfate free shampoos are very helpful for curly hair because they do not having the drying chemicals in them. Since this is a drugstore product and I had a $2.00 off coupon, I had to try it. I've heard that sulfate free shampoos do not lather well, but that is not the case with this stuff. I get a great cleansing lather. The smell is very soothing, and best of all my hair looks very healthy. I liked it so much after trying it that I got another coupon and bought a second tube of the shampoo. I really suggest you give it a try curly hair or not.

Nars Blush in Orgasm
This is a cult favorite. I knew that it was a highly recommended product, but I kind of thought that it was probably just over-hyped. I was so wrong. Check out the reviews of Nars Blush on Sephora; more than 5000 reviews and over 4000 of them give it five stars. They say the color Orgasm is a universally flattering color. I didn't want to be a follower, but I am so glad I decided to buy it. This color is absolutely beautiful. It is peachy-pink and leaves your cheeks glowing. I had been using a cream blush prior to this and thought I would never go back to a powder blush, but this product changed my mind completely. I cannot say enough good things about this. I will be re-buying this over and over again.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer
I seem to have pretty sensitive skin. My skin is also pretty dry especially in winter. This moisturizer works well at hydrating my skin. I put it on in the morning after a shower and before makeup. I will say that I think I need to find a thicker night moisturizer though. Maybe I will have to look into the other Clinique products for that. Do you have a suggestion for a moisturizing night cream? What are your must haves?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...