February 22, 2010

Menu Monday and More

This weekend my dear friend Robyn and her family came down to visit. I am so happy that they are living only a few hours away now. I had so much fun and it was great for me to have a friend around. We got to go to the movies (which I haven't done in years) and Robyn showed me lots of craft stuff. I'm now feeling inspired; she can do that to anyone because she is crafty at just about everything you can imagine. During Pat's deployment I am hoping to get up to KY to visit at her place.

This week's menu includes a lot of bacon. I had a coupon a few weeks back and bought a whole package. We'd never eat that in one meal, so it will be incorporated into a few meals this week.
Monday: Chicken Carbonara Deluxe
Tuesday: Spicy Salsa Pasta and Beef with Bacon (I'll post this recipe sometime soon.)
Wednesday: Cheeseburger Chicken
Thursday: Steaks
Friday: Pizza

I love trying new recipes, and I prefer easy ones. I've found some pretty good ones lately. However, what I really need help with is homemade side dishes. I've never had much success at finding recipes for side dishes that my family would enjoy. If you have any great side dish recipes, please share them with me.

Lastly, as you know I enjoy clipping coupons. Yesterday I got a great deal at Kroger (or at least I think it is). I got a 32 wash load laundry detergent for $1.69 by matching a sale with a $2.00 off coupon I had. Among other things, I also got my favorite toilet bowl cleaner at Target for $0.74 by stacking a manufacturer coupon with a target coupon. It was a great couponing trip yesterday, and that made me feel good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...