February 11, 2010

So Tired I Can't See Straight

Every night lately as I go to bed (around 10 p.m.) I am so tired I cannot see straight. I mean this literally. I don't want to sound like a complainer, but I do want to explain why I'm feeling so completely run down.

I do not blame Pat because I know there is a reason things are running like they do, but I do sometimes wish for a break that I know I just cannot get. Also, do not get me wrong, I have the best job in the whole world. I just need to figure out a way to refresh and recharge myself.

I was going to type out what my day looks like, but I've changed my mind and do not want to bore you with such details. However, I can summarize it like this: from 6:00 a.m. until 8:30 p.m. there is no time in which I don't have a child with me. I spend all day taking care of them or doing things around the house like cleaning and cooking. I feed the three dogs both of their meals each day. Then once the children are down I get about 1.5 hours to watch TV and snuggle with Pat, if he is home. When I go to bed, I know sleep is going to be interrupted. I will inevitably get up once with Ryan and several different times with Sean throughout the night. Add on to the above statements that Ryan and I usually eat dinner without Pat, and I am the only one who can put the boys down to bed or wake up with them in the middle of the night and you may now understand why I am so tired.

That all said, I am not complaining. I am not looking for your advice on a better way to divide responsibility because this is the way it works at our house. I am, however, looking for your advice on how to recharge and refresh. I need a way to get over feeling so run down. I feel like I never have any me time, but at this point I really wouldn't know what to do with me time. How do you relax and recharge your battery?

1 comment:

Devon said...

Shelly, I don't get up as early as you, but I feel the same way. The kids are typically my sole responsibility. Things I do to help include taking 20 minutes to elliptical when Richard comes home. I want to work up to longer, but that is as good as I can do for now because of when he comes home. Also, once the kids are down and Rich is doing homework, I will leave the house, go to the grocery store since it is nearby just to be out alone. That time is VERY VERY helpful. I don't get to spend as much time with Rich as you do with Pat though, so that may not sound appealing to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...