January 9, 2011

Real Simple No Time to Cook RAVE

I'm cheap and will rarely spend money on apps for my ipad, and if I do, it had better not be more than $3. But I've been wanting to get some new recipes to try out before Pat gets home and also to vary up the meals for me and the boys.

Since I LOVE Real Simple magazine, I wanted to check out the Real Simple No Time to Cook app. I hesitated for a bit though since it would cost me a whopping $5, but finally I gave in since the prospect of finding recipes I would enjoy in the nearly 850 recipes was high.

I tried out my first dish the other night and it was really good. The boys liked it too, so that is a bonus. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, as I didn't have dijon mustard, but the spicy brown mustard worked just fine. (I also didn't do much measuring and instead eyeballed all the ingredients.) This is an easy, yummy, and pretty healthy dish that I highly recommend to add to your cooking repertoire.

Chicken Sauteed with Apples
4 chicken breast
1 tbs olive oil
1 apple cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 cup apple juice
1 onion thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
2 tbs dijon mustard
salt and pepper

  • Heat oil in large skillet. Saute chicken until golden, about 3 minutes each side
  • Add apple slices, apple juice, onion, garlic, thyme, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Simmer covered 6-8 minutes.
  • Remove chicken, apple slices, and onion to a serving platter and keep warm.
  • Bring sauce to a boil for about 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Whisk in mustard. Pour sauce over chicken.
I would share a picture, but it just doesn't do the dish justice.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...