January 28, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #28

I'm joining Wife of a Sailor for the MilSpouse Friday Fill-In.  Go link up!

1.  If you were a famous movie star, what types of movies would you star in?  
After thinking about this for a moment, I thought I could better answer it if I said whose career I would want to emulate.  I would want a career like Reese Witherspoon.  I mean, almost everyone loves her, but really I like the diversity of movie roles she has.  She has the romantic comedies like Sweet Home Alabama, pure comedy like Four Christmases starring opposite Vince Vaughn, drama (with music) Walk the Line, and period pieces like Vanity Fair just to name a few.  I think I would have to stay away from scary movies and intense dramas with lots of villains/guns because it would stress me out too much while playing those roles.

2.  What is a vacation you would like to take if money were no object?
I would love to go to the Caribbean again.  We went there on our honeymoon, but I guess I can say it wasn't quite what I had expected.  I would love to go again though and give it another try.  

3.  Did you have pets growing up?
Yes, we are a dog loving family.  For the majority of the time growing up we had a dog and a cat.  The cat, Coco, was kind of a mean cat that didn't like people.  I am a bit afraid of cats after her, but she does still hold a special place in my heart.  Our dog, Jake, was one of the best dogs ever.  He was a golden retriever and was loyal and obedient.  He loved people.  It think growing up I considered him my best friend.  After he passed away, we realized how lucky we were to have such a great dog, and now you could call my family dog crazy as we all have multiple dogs.

4.  What do you do for exercise?
Currently my routine is running/walking on the treadmill.  I am so out of shape that I don't do it very long, but I'm working on it.  I also haven't been very consistent exercising, but I like to blame that on fighting off a cold right now.

5.  What is the best piece of advice you've ever received as a MilSpouse?
I don't really recall being given advice that often, but I would say the best thing I've heard is the saying: write it in pencil because it's going to change.  It is so important to be flexible.  You can't get mad when things change because they will, and it won't help the situation having a pity party.  Accept the changes and uncertainty, and when it finally happens be grateful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Motivation coming your way! To take some words from Nike, "Just Do It"! When I got the treadmill, I did not want to worry about distance at all, I just force myself to do 30 minutes. Slowly I get faster, and now I am shocked at my progress (I could never jog/run for 30 minutes straight before). You can absolutely do it Michelle!!!

Your answers are so similar to mine too. Reese Witherspoon is probably my favorite actress.

Always Kara said...

I love how you said to "write in pencil"! That is so true! Following you back!

Jill said...

Thanks for commenting! I love Reese, too!!!

Tonya said...

Hello! I've never been to the Caribbean, but I think that would be a nice place to visit. Golden Retrievers are great dogs.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...