January 20, 2011

Easy is Good

I have to share this too easy yet absolutely delicious recipe with you.  Honestly, you should kick yourself if you don't try it.  I found it on my Real Simple No Time to Cook App.

Easy Shepherd's Pie
ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
8 oz frozen mixed veggies
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
16 oz package of mashed potatoes, refrigerated or frozen and thawed

Brown beef in large skillet.  Discard fat.  Stir in ketchup and worcestershire sauce.  Add veggies and cook stirring for 1 minute.  Spoon into a baking dish.  Mix cheese with potatoes and spread over beef.  Bake in oven until heated through, about 10 minutes.


Even my boys liked it, and I think Pat will too.  

On another easy but awesome topic.  My friend Robyn, over HERE, introduced me to Little Miss Momma's blog over HERE.  Little Miss Momma has this tutorial HERE to make a fabric flower pom pom headband.  When I saw how cute and EASY it was, I had to try it.  As I made the boys breakfast one morning, I started trying to make one of my own.  Of course I didn't have any solid color fabric on hand at the time, but I just wanted to try out the technique.  At first, I wasn't sure mine would come out right, but I kept going.  It seems that you really cannot screw this one up.  I made this headband here.


Now I should have thought about it before I glued it to the headband because my head seems to be an odd shape.  Headbands slide right off me all the time.  So I probably should have glued it to an elastic to use as a ponytail holder, but I think I'll manage to use this one for a while.  

Since I know headbands are hard for me to pull off, I thought I could definitely use one of these flowers as a pin.  I had some red fabric and started making another one while dinner was in the oven.  (It's all about multi-tasking I tell you!)  Again, I thought for sure it wasn't going to come out right again, but as I said it seems you cannot mess this up.  Isn't it cute?


So seriously, I really recommend you trying this.  It's super easy, fun, and you can make some really cute stuff!!!  

1 comment:

Peanut Stitches said...

I love it!! I have it in my pile to make!

I really, really like how the patterned one came out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...