January 21, 2013

Randoms on MLK Day

A random post may be the only way to share all the things I want to say today.  So here it goes:
  • Did you see my new blog design?  I love it.  I wanted simple with lots of white space.  I have been in love with the combo of Pink and Blue for a long, long time now.  Then I thought that Gold would add a nice touch,  and since Patience is a virtue and all it seemed appropriate.  
  • Speaking of Pink and Blue, did I ever show you the tote bag Pat got me for Christmas?  I love it. It has the long handles I wanted plus the zipper.  
  • This weekend the boys have been fighting over their old batman costume.  It happens to be a size 2T, yet they both squeeze their little bodies into it.  Notice Ryan (on the right in photo) looks like he is wearing capri pants?  Maybe I should buy some bigger costumes since they love wearing them so much.  
  • Yesterday I sent Pat out to look at a piece of furniture that I really liked at Pier1 for our bedroom.  It was kind of expensive (considering that I am cheap).  Pat didn't seem all that interested, but took on the task of going to look at it to humor me.  Can you guess what he came home with?  The only one they had was on display and had a small area where the finish was rubbed off, so he got 10% off.  He even had competition trying to buy this one piece.  But the best part about it was that Pat was genuinely excited about the table when he saw it in person and thought it was perfect for our bedroom.  So our bedroom is finally almost complete.  There are elements of both me and Pat in there.  We are waiting on one more thing to arrive, and then I promise to do a tour post.   
  • I've started reading Redeeming Love.  So far I really like it.      
  • I'm hoping to fold laundry, change the beds, clean the house, and do some crafting today.  I'm feeling ambitious I guess.  What are you up to?  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new blog design is awesome...the tote matches perfectly! Haha.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Your new blog design is awesome...the tote matches perfectly! Haha.

Karen

Monica B said...

Love your tote and Francine Rivers is one of my favorite authors. I just read Her Mother's Love and her Daughters Hope. Both are excellent. And one of my all time favorites by her is called The Last Sin-Eater. Great book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...