January 15, 2013

No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake

I saw a pin on Pinterest for a very easy dessert recipe and had to try it.  It is a no bake icebox cake.  It only has 3 ingredients (4 if you want to garnish with chocolate).  You can find the original recipe from the pin here.  I cut it in a half for a small, quick dessert for my family.

Ingredients you need:
Graham Crackers
Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
Whipped cream/Cool Whip
Chocolate for garnish optional

Spread a thin layer of whipped cream in pan and top with graham crackers.
Top that layer with more whipped cream and add strawberries.  I used thawed frozen strawberries cut in slices.
Repeat the layers.  I think I had about 3 layers of graham crackers in the pan.
To garnish I melted some chocolate chips and drizzled it on the top.
Place "cake" in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
It is a super simple recipe, mostly just slapping together a few ingredients.  It tastes pretty simple.  I thought it tasted just like strawberry shortcake, but in a kind of cheating way.  
This is a great recipe if you are short on time to really make something.  Because it is in a "cake" form, it looks like you made a dessert, but in reality it was probably one of the easiest "cakes" you'll ever make.
Try this simple recipe.  Don't expect it to taste like something it's not though; it tastes just like it's ingredients melted together perfectly.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Julie, Wife of a Soldier said...

That looks so good. Going to have to try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...