August 2, 2010

Super Annoyed

I really try not to complain and I know there are certain things that I shouldn't complain about. But I have to admit that I am super annoyed with my husband right now. (Please do not judge or flame me for this.) He has not been able to call me for several days. It has been REALLY bad over there for a while now. They have been on communication blackouts. However, when it was lifted he still didn't call. There is a lot that I need to talk to him about. I can see on facebook that everyone is hearing from their spouses and being informed on what is going on. I am a bit less than informed...even being the FRG leader. I have bits and pieces, but would love for Pat to fill in the blanks. So that alone does not make me too annoyed. It is the fact that finally yesterday afternoon I took the boys out to get Ice Cream (they are both fighting a cold--not fun). We went out at 4 p.m. I hadn't heard from Pat. 4:11 p.m. he finally calls the house phone, leaves a message that "he'll call again in a few days" and doesn't try my cell phone at all.

I was so freaking pissed. Why am I paying a large cell phone bill to have access 24/7 if he isn't going to use it? Apparently he doesn't realize that I carry that damn phone around with me everywhere. I sleep with it, eat with it, play out side with it, and I even tuck it in my cleavage when I don't have pockets and need to keep it close by.

I sent him an e-mail when I got home a bit yelling and asking why he didn't call my cell phone.

So last night instead of calling me when he woke up, he responds saying sorry he had to go back to work before calling my cell phone and he'll try to call me tonight, IF they are not on blackout again.

SERIOUSLY!!!!! Why can he not take 5 minutes to give me a freaking call now? I know with the nature of his job he DOES have access.

So now I wait....


7 comments:

Shell said...

How frustrating! I hope you hear from him soon!

Shell said...

How frustrating! I hope you hear from him soon!

Anonymous said...

I'd be upset too! I hope he calls soon!

Erin said...

I would be annoyed too! And I think that just because your husband is deployed, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to be annoyed with him!

Dawnll said...

Did you take a deep breath and release all that frustration?
I can't even imagine the fear and concern that is in that message. It is normal to be pissed and frustrated. Remember he is doing a lot and probably isn't thinking straight. Don't add anything else sweetie, he will call and you will forget about being mad. Don't ever let that be the last thing you say to him.

Robyn said...

Shelly,

You have every reason to be upset and you can't watch what you say 24/7 to him. Be mad if you want to be mad. I would be too!

Dave and Ashley said...

Ugh! That is frustrating! Sometimes with my husband, I feel like he would rather take that extra five minutes and have a longer dinner or sneak in a quick nap or talk with the boys, not realizing that just hearing from him would ease my worries and nerves SO SO MUCH! And I too do the cleavage tuck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...