August 3, 2010

Missing Something That Is Still Here

Tonight as I went to bed, my heart was aching. Of course I desperately miss my husband, but tonight I felt like I missed my kids. I really wanted to go in and give them hugs and kisses and hold them, but I'm not crazy and wouldn't dare risk waking them up. With all the stress and chaos going on with Pat's unit, I've had to devote a lot of my time to handling those issues. In doing that, I haven't had time to play with and enjoy my kids. Today I practically had to ignore my kids to make sure everyone in our battery was called for the briefing that was scheduled for the last minute. I know that this one day, or even this one weekend won't really affect my boys. I just feel like they need so much love and attention, and since I'm the only one around to give it, it makes me feel very bad on days that I cannot give my all to them.

I know this is repetitive to my recent post about being crazy busy and having guilt. I know I should not feel guilty, but I do. I know that all I can do is try to devote tomorrow to the kids to make up for today. I know that I love them so much and hate feeling like I haven't had time for them.

Do you ever feel like you miss something even though it's still right with you but you've been too busy for it?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So understand what your saying...
like you I am the FRG leader for my hubby's unit...things are pretty busy right now gearing up for deployment...I am feeling so guilty for not spending more time with my children.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...