August 30, 2010

A Great Pair of Jeans and Some Shopping

Today I decided to take the boys shopping for some fall clothes. We had a few things we needed to exchange, and I wanted to pick up a few more items for their fall/winter wardrobes. Both boys have been fighting off a cold and sleeping terribly. I didn't want to spend all day at home with cranky kids, so a quick trip to Nashville was just what we needed.

Before we left I decided to put on a new pair of jeans that I recently bought. I have two pairs of jeans that I absolutely love. I got them during Pat's first deployment 4 or 5 years ago. I have never had jeans that I loved so much or fit so well. I can finally fit into them again, but I'm left with a bit of a muffin top that I'm just not comfortable with. Recently I found a pair of these jeans on sale online for half the regular price. I took a chance and ordered. They are perfect. Same great jeans, no muffin top. I finally felt like a normal woman today for the first time in a long time. I haven't been putting in much effort lately, but today it felt so good to be put together. I was tempted to buy a second pair of the jeans, but since they only have one style on sale, I figured two pairs of the exact same pants (style and wash) would be a little much, right?

We bought so many cute and comfortable (comfort is a priority) clothes for the boys. While I look forward to them wearing all the new clothes, I wish Pat could see them looking so cute. I guess pictures will work, but it's not the same.

Today we also went to buy Ryan new shoes. At first I picked out a regular sneaker with laces. They didn't have any more in his size, and there were no other sneakers with laces in his size. Since I don't get to these stores in the city often, I didn't want to leave empty handed. I asked Ryan if he liked any and he pointed out a black and blue sneaker with Velcro. They were not something that Pat or I would normally pick out, but he wanted it. So we tried it on and he loved it. I bought him his new shoes, and he wanted to wear them out of the store. He was so proud of his new shoes. He tells me he likes his "blue shoes", and he didn't want to take them off all day long. He put them in his room when he took his nap and put them right back on after the nap. At the end of the day I had to persuade him that it was time to get ready to bed and the shoes had to come off. I have to say his excitement over these new shoes makes me think they are the coolest shoes ever, and he is such a cute boy in them.

Overall it was a great day. Unfortunately Ryan looked miserable with his cold this evening. There were tears running down his cheeks because his eyes are so watery with congestion. I think tomorrow will be his first sick day from preschool. Maybe we'll relax with a movie and hope we get a special phone call.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...