April 18, 2009

Lost

Recently, I've come to the realization that somewhere along the path I've been traveling I got lost. I definitely feel like I've lost myself.  It's a hard feeling to explain, but maybe some of you have felt this way and know exactly what I'm talking about.  The characteristics that make me who I am are no longer there.  I do not recognize myself anymore.  It isn't a case of changing and getting older.  I think it is more of a case of putting myself last and letting go.  

I'm determined to find myself again.  I know it is going to be a long process.  After all, I didn't lose myself in one day; it took years.  Many of the roads of life that led me to where I am today are the same roads on which I shed the parts of me that I am currently missing.  I've thought long and hard about this for the past week (while recovering from being sick), and have come up with a few ideas to help myself.  I know that I will be a much happier person when I am found.      

1 comment:

Robyn said...

You need to read Lily Burana's book "I love a man in uniform". I'm in it (slight brag) but it is a GREAT book about finding yourself!!!

I am going to call you this week sometime!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...