April 25, 2009

Hit the Spot Blueberry Muffins

I love muffins. Recently I came across a blueberry muffin recipe that I had to try. It looked pretty healthy, so I definitely wanted to see how it would taste.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg slightly beaten
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup milk (I used 1% because that's what I had, but the recipe used skim)
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 tbs sugar for sprinkling

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan. In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, and sugar. In a small bowl mix milk, egg, oil. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients all at once. Stir just till blended. Add the blueberries and gently stir. *I noticed the batter was very thick and sticky. I used a pampered chef scoop to get batter into the muffin cups. It was enough to make 12 muffins. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake until muffin tops turn light golden brown. The recipe said 15-17 minutes, mine took several minutes longer. Just keep an eye on them to judge when they are done.
The Verdict: These muffins definitely hit the spot. They are not all that sweet but still give you the comfort of eating baked goods without feeling guilty. I could definitely eat more than one. I used frozen blueberries and would probably prefer them with fresh, but again I use what I have.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Oh my gosh thank you!!!! I LOVE blueberry muffins, and I am so sick of making them out of the Jiffy mix!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...