April 25, 2009

Kisses

Pat has duty today and won't be home until tomorrow morning.  He's also out in the field for most of next week.  Maybe I'll be able to do more blogging at night since he won't be around.  The pace we've been keeping (mostly Pat with work, although his long days are wearing on me too) has made me so ready for our upcoming vacation.  I'll post more about that later.   

This morning Pat was gathering things to bring to duty, and Ryan and I were following him through the house.  When we were in the hallway, Ryan was looking at the pictures I have on the wall there.  (There are only two frames, but my issue with hanging pictures is entirely another post too.)  At the first one, he looked at it and said "Dada" pointing at Pat.  The second frame is 3 photos of Ryan in various stages of smiling when he was about 3 or 4 months old.  When he saw this photo he got all giddy saying "baba" (baby) and started trying to kiss the baby.  This just warmed my heart and eased my fears about Ryan and a sibling.  He's really taken to giving out kisses.  I always feel very lucky when he'll give me kisses.  Sometimes Ryan likes to tease you and ask for kisses, but just as you are approaching his face he'll turn away and say no while giggling.  He tries to give Sammy kisses, but Sammy doesn't understand what Ryan is doing.  Bailey is a great kisser as anyone who has spent any time with him knows.  Bailey and Ryan have shared many kisses already.  It's very sweet to see him walk up to Bailey making the kissing noise and then share a kiss.  While Miss Abbey and Ryan haven't shared kisses, they bond in their own way over a game of fetch.  

Today looks like another great day in the 80s.  I'm looking forward to getting some fresh air while I play with Ryan.  We may take his fire truck outside, or if I'm really adventurous I could pull out his water table.  We'll have to see.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...