April 28, 2009

LONG 36 Hours

Yesterday morning Ryan got sick in his crib.  At 7:30 a.m. he got sick in the kitchen.  At 1:30 p.m. he got sick after attempting to eat lunch.  After his afternoon nap he woke up with a fever.  At 8:30 p.m. he projectile vomited all over me and him and his crib.  This prompted Pat to decide that Ryan needed a trip to the ER.  (Now I personally think that the term ER is used loosely here at Ft. Campbell, it is definitely more like a medical clinic than the traditional ER.  Ft. Sill's ER puts this one to shame.)  It wasn't a bad visit.  We arrived back home at 11:00 p.m., and I got Ryan down to bed.  Pat finished packing for his trip to the field, and we went to bed around midnight.  I heard on the monitor that Ryan started to cry at 2:20 a.m.  I was ready to go get him, but he laid back down to sleep.  I was thankful to continue my much needed rest...that is until 2:33 when I hear a high pitched scream across the monitor and knew my little boy got sick again.  I ran in there and called Pat to see if he could help change the bed while I comforted a very upset Ryan.  I could tell Ryan wouldn't want to go back to sleep, so I put some Dora on TV and cuddled with him for a while.  By 3:20 a.m. Ryan and I were both back in bed.  Pat got up for his trip to the field at 4:40 a.m. and Ryan woke up at 6:30 a.m.  To say the least we are all exhausted.  Ryan still had a fever this morning so I made the appointment to follow up with his ped. like the ER recommended.  We did a pointless trip to the lousy pediatric office (which for all those who think off post is better, this one is off post and sucks in my opinion).  We're home and Ryan is finally resting.  His fever has broke and he seems a bit happier.  
The spare bathroom is filled with throw-up covered bedding and clothes.  The dishes Pat promised to do are still filling the sink.  I'm overtired.  Pat's gone for the week though so I know I'll find the time to get the mess cleaned up, but probably not until I get some rest myself.  Now I just have to hope that Pat and I don't get sick before our vacation.  Please cross your fingers for that.  

Oh, and happy 200th blog entry to me.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...