April 20, 2009

Learning Curve

I'm always amazed by the things Ryan learns.  I remember feeling amazement when I realized Ryan learned to give hugs.  It's the things he learns that I didn't know I was teaching him that put me in a state of awe.  He learns so much by just watching what we do.  Before having Ryan, I never really thought about how a child learns everything.  I think I just assumed the parents taught them everything.  I guess I wasn't giving the child enough credit.  Recently Ryan put away groceries, showed me he knew how to vacuum too, knows that you blow your nose in Kleenex, and understands that you blow on your food when it's hot.  I know that none of the following things are actual milestones, but when he shows me something new he's learned by himself through observation, I'm just so proud of my little boy and how he's growing up.  Everyday is an adventure with him, and it always includes a smile on my face while I watch him.    

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Those are HUGE!!! He is learning so much Shelly! That is fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...