December 13, 2012

Half a Year

Today Leah is 6 months old.  How did half a year go by already?  I know every parent says time flies by, and that is because it REALLY does.  Sure, we were pretty busy during these 6 months--selling our house, moving to New England, living with my parents for 7 weeks, buying and moving into our new home, and now finally living together as a family, but it still seemed to go by too fast.  Leah amazes me every day.  While I want to slow time down and keep her as my little baby, I also look forward to all the new milestones and sweet moments yet to come.
 







A little bit about Leah at 6 months:
Leah cut her first two teeth this week.  These teeth disrupted her sleep a little bit, but since she is co-sleeping with me, it was more disruptive to my sleep.  She is still nursing like a champion.  We'll start some solid foods soon, maybe after the holidays.  She loves watching her brothers; Ryan can ALWAYS make her laugh.  She is still a Momma's girl.  She is starting to talk/squeal more.  She seems a bit shy.  Whenever we visit with friends/family she is a bit quiet and reserved, so often times people don't get to see her bright and happy disposition.  But we see the happy side all the time at home.  She's starting to enjoy spending some time on the floor.  She enjoys rolling around in just her diaper and beating her belly with her arms.  She loves jumping in her jumperoo.  She loves to take cat naps on her mommy or beside her in the bed.  I'm probably completely screwing up her sleep patterns and habits, but I'll deal with that another day ;)  I just love her smile so much.  It can completely change my day when she smiles at me.  I feel so lucky to have this little girl as part of our family and cannot wait to watch as she continues to grow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is already 6 months old! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...