December 21, 2012

Bits and Pieces about the Holidays

This post will be about a few random things I wanted to share.

1.  Our Christmas Card--I enjoy sending and receiving Christmas cards.  I really wanted to send some out this year now that we're in our new house.  Have you noticed how expensive custom Christmas cards can be though?  I wasn't sure if I would end up sending them.  I saw erincondren.com was having a sale on Christmas postcards, and I jumped at it.  I love that company both the service and products.  The postcard style was perfect because on the back I was able to put a little bit about what was going on in our life like our big move and Pat starting his new job.  I was so pleased with the cards that were created.

But let me tell you about the picture.  Of course I would have liked a picture of our whole family, but Pat wasn't living up here with us yet.  I tried so many times to get a good picture of the three kids.  Oh my goodness, what a task!!!!  I am so thankful for the enhance feature on iphoto.  This photo had dust particles floating in the image and just looked pretty bad.  Once I clicked the enhance edit option, magically that bad photo was usable and pretty decent.  It was almost a small miracle.    


2.  Homework--I really enjoy when Ryan gets homework.  It is something we are able to bond over, and it helps me structure our learning activities.  Last week Ryan was supposed to decorate the cream colored "gingerbread" person below.  Of course I didn't want Sean to feel left out so I quickly drew the red "gingerbread" person for him.  It was so much fun working with the boys and seeing their creativity.  Plus at the end they were so proud of their "gingerbread" friends.


3.  Gingerbread Day at School--on Monday families and siblings were invited to come into Ryan's Pre-K class to help build a gingerbread house.  Ryan was so excited to have me in his classroom.  He was working like a good boy on his house when we arrived.  The teachers were really nice and gave Sean supplies to create a gingerbread tree.  Just like I said above I love seeing their pride for their creations, and it was nice to see Ryan's classroom environment and meet his friends.    




In case things get busy I want to wish you and your families a very happy holiday and a wonderful new year filled with many blessings.  


Linking up with Kelly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...