July 14, 2012

Leah Is One Month

Leah's first month was a whirlwind.  I feel like the first month is always a whirlwind when you bring home a newborn.  With two other little boys at home it just multiplies the chaos.  However, it is certainly a wonderful chaos.  

As we were told in the hospital, Leah is feisty.  That must be a trait that runs in our genes because the boys have a certain fire in them too.  Leah will let you know when she is unhappy.  In fact, for the first two and a half weeks if she was awake and not eating, she was pretty much unhappy.  Now she seems a bit more used to how life goes.  She still spends the majority of her time sleeping and eating, but now there are times when she is very content to just listen to me talk to her and carry her around the house.  There is definitely a sweetness to her personality.  She really enjoys being held when she sleeps.  I know I'm probably creating a bad habit, but I just enjoy the baby snuggles and smelling her baby smell so much.  I am looking forward to seeing more of personality come out in the next months.     



 Sean wanted to kiss her.
And then hug her.
And of course Ryan had to do the same.

Such a little bunch of cuties.

It has been a GREAT month :)

2 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

What a cutie! I can't believe she is a month old already.

Anne Garry said...

Hello Shelly,belated Congratulations to you. wow! I missed a lot. I am so sorry,I had some personal problems and did not blog for a month. But did you give birth June 14? coz that is my husband's bday.And Leah is the name of my bestfriend.
Congratulations again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...