July 10, 2012

Amazingly Smooth

Yesterday was Pat's first day back at work since we had baby Leah.  We were lucky that his block leave fell right after his paternity leave.  To say I was worried about how it was going to go with just me and the three little ones is a bit of an understatement.

I guess you could say I got lucky.  Our first day went amazingly smooth.  Sure it started out a bit rocky when I tried to jump into the shower.  Right after I got the cleanser in my hair the boys woke the baby up.  I rinsed as quickly as I could, and we started our day.  After the shower, I thought the day may continue like that, but it didn't.  We actually accomplished a lot.  I was able to feed the kids breakfast, feed the dogs, vacuum, the boys and I worked on worksheets while Leah napped, I started some thank you notes, the boys and I ate lunch together, I even got both boys down for a nap, we played outside, and I made dinner since Pat ended up coming home a bit late.  (Thank goodness for my BabyHawk carrier.  It made yesterday so much easier.  It should be added to my newborn essentials list.)

It really could not have gone better.  I know that not all my days will fall into place quite like it did yesterday, but I'm so thankful that yesterday was a good day because it has given me the confidence that I can handle everything myself.  I think I needed that little reminder.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for a successful day solo! I hope the next couple of weeks & months are as smooth as they can be with all of the changes coming up. :)

Shell said...

Glad you had an easy day of it!

Jamie said...

Glad you had an ok day. Hang in there!

The New Normal said...

Yay for an awesome day! I'm glad that it went so smoothly! You were more productive than I have been lately, and I don't have a new baby at home :)

The Fischer Family said...

Yippy for a smooth first day running solo! It gives you so much confidence doesn't it?!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...