May 18, 2012

Show Us Your Life: Expecting Moms

Today I'm linking up at Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life: Expecting Moms.

I've done a few updates here and there throughout my pregnancy on the blog, but for those stopping by for the first time, here is a little catch up.

I'm currently almost 36 weeks pregnant!  Yikes, it's almost hard to believe I'm that far and almost done, well except for the fact that it feels like I've been pregnant forever.



I have two little boys ages 4 and 2, and the doctors say we're expecting a little girl.  I'm still a little nervous that since we're planning and expecting a girl and that it will end up a boy.  I love being a boy mom; I just don't love surprises so I'm hoping she really is a she.  

Our little boys are getting pretty excited about the baby, especially our oldest who was hoping for a baby girl.

So how's this pregnancy going?
It's been a great pregnancy.  I think I can say that now that morning (all day) sickness is over.  Physically on my body I feel like this has been the hardest of my pregnancies.  I'm not sure if it's because this is my third, or just because I'm getting older.  I seem to be feeling the aches and pains a lot earlier in this pregnancy than my others.  I'm definitely waddling around now.  It certainly doesn't help that I've probably gained more weight with this pregnancy than with my boys.  You would think by the third time I would have learned my lesson about gaining weight, right?  Well, I guess I don't have as much control as I thought.  I like to claim it's because my body is carrying a girl differently than the boys though.  Sleep is okay right now.  The only discomforts I have is a bit of pressure in my groin by the end of the day from carrying the baby and the baby pressing on my bladder causing me to feel like I need to pee literally every 10 minutes.

Want my confession about pregnancy though?  I am thankful for this baby inside of me and know I'm very lucky, but I do NOT enjoy pregnancy all that much.  Sure I enjoy feeling the baby inside me.  But overall I don't feel strong when I'm pregnant.  I wish I were one of the woman that loved pregnancy, glowed, and can say they never felt better.  I'm not one of those woman, but I am one of those people that loves the newborn stage though.  Give me the sleep deprivation and nursing around the clock of a newborn baby over pregnancy any day.  

As if keeping up with my two little boys and being about 9 months pregnant isn't enough, have I mentioned that we're putting our house on the market next week and planning a big and chaotic move shortly after the baby arrives?  Yup, we're kind of crazy.  I posted a sneak peek at our nursery plans for the new house HERE though if you want to see.

So in a few short weeks we'll be welcoming our baby girl into our home.  She's already in our hearts, but I cannot wait to meet here.  I hope you'll follow along this journey.  I look forward to introducing her to everyone and telling you all about her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Kelly's. I too and pregnant with my third baby. I have two boys, 7 and 5, and now we are getting a little girl. I am due June 17th. I agree with you that the third pregnancy is by far the hardest one I have been through. Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy!

Francis said...

I'm expecting #3 too. I'm not sure what it's going to be yet but DH would love a boy. We have 2 girls already. I love being pregnant but the newborn stage is so hard. My youngest was an awful sleeper. She didn't start sleeping through the night till 9 months.

Laurin said...

I found your blog through Kelly... I'm due June 16, but this is our second girl! I also don't love being pregnant.. I've never really understood the pregnancy glow! Best of luck to you on your new journey!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Visiting from Kelly's! I am due with #3 in August. We have 2 girls & we don't know the gender on this one. I am also not a fan of pregnancy...ugh...I STILL have m/s at 27 weeks.

Stephanie said...

Hopped over from Kelly's and boy can I relate! We have two fantastic and very energetic boys- almost 5 and 3 and are expecting a little girl at the very beginning of July. Our house went on the market today and I'm praying we can sell if before this sweet girl arrives- I can't really wrap my head around keeping this house clean for showings with our munchkins let alone packing it up and moving with a newborn as well! All the best in the coming weeks!

hmb said...

You have such a cute belly! I miss being pregnant :)

Jamie said...

I'm also expecting my first girl after having two boys. We are due Aug 1 and my boys are almost 3 and 18 months. We are both going to have our hands full, but I'm excited!

I've also loved being a boy mom, too! :)

mommyoflove3 said...

I also found your blog from Kelly's Korner. Congratulations on your soon to be addition! I have 2 boys and a little girl, too. She was the perfect completion for our family and gets doted on by her two big brothers. I hope your move goes smoothly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...