May 2, 2012

Refreshed!

For a while now I haven't been feeling like myself.  I feel like I'm going through the motions of everything, but my heart and head are somewhere else.  It's probably been evident in my blog posts for a while now.

I needed to get back to me.  

And what better way to start feeling refreshed than by getting a makeover, right?  While my wardrobe could certainly use one, I thought I'd better start with my blog (especially since I'm hugely pregnant right now;)

I had noticed some blogs that I really liked and made note of the designer.  After a while I kept seeing more and more blogs that I just loved from this designer.  I checked out her design site and wasted no time getting on the list.  

So who is this designer, you ask?  It's Brea over at Utterly Chaotic.  She is so talented and easy to work with.  She was also super fast too.  

I honestly didn't give Brea much to work with.  I told her a few of her designs that I liked.  I also said I liked "simple, classic, and somewhat modern" and gave her a color palette.  That was it.  You can imagine my anticipation to open the first draft, given that I hadn't provided her many details.    As soon as I looked at it though I was in love.  I could not have imagined a better design for what I wanted to capture.  

I feel like a big part of me and my spirit is back on my blog.  I look forward to getting back to me, and hope you'll enjoy reading along, especially now that it looks so pretty around here.

A huge thank you to Brea for the wonderful design and all her hard work.  If anyone needs a little face lift at their place, Utterly Chaotic is the place to get it!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! :)

Anonymous said...

It looks great! :)

The New Normal said...

I love the new look!! Very classic and simple! Sometimes changing things up helps renew the spirit! Looks great :)

The Fischer Family said...

It looks great Shelly! I love it!

Kerry said...

Loving the colours!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the shout-out!

I'm so happy you love your design!

Theresa said...

I love your blog design. The colors and design are modern and soothing. I was amazed too when I found a designer that I'd never met who took very little information and created something that I loved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...