May 1, 2012

A Disorganized Mom

During Pat's last deployment I started drinking coffee.  I had never been enthused at the smell/taste of coffee prior to the deployment, but for some reason I found myself CRAVING coffee.  I guess I needed whatever boost I could find while taking care of two little boys by myself.  The morning cup (and sometimes afternoon cup too) helped me start my day.

After Pat got home I stopped drinking coffee as much.  I'm not sure if it was the weather warming up, less need for caffeine, or just that things were changing so much that my routine adjusted too.

With pregnancy I do not drink coffee at all, and I suspect it will be a long time before I indulge in a daily morning cup since I will be nursing too.  I have to wonder if that cup of coffee was the secret weapon I needed to stay organized.

I've found this past school year, I have been such a disorganized Mom.  Ryan has preschool 3 days a week and goes to speech therapy appointments the other two mornings.  Me and the two boys are running out the door 5 days a week.  And I literally mean running out the door because we are almost always running behind.  It doesn't matter what I do to prepare for the morning, I'm always a step behind when it comes time to go.  I'd love to blame this on my pregnancy, but I'm just not sure that it will be any better when it is me and three kids running out every morning.  While I hate this 5 morning a week schedule, I know that I better get used to it because before long Ryan will start school 5 days a week.  No matter how much I want to keep my kids as babies, they're growing up, and I need to get organized to keep up.  

I'm sick of feeling disorganized and like I'm always running behind.  With only 3 weeks left of the school year though, I'm okay living in denial and believing that it will all be better next year once I'm in the swing of things with three kids.  A mom can dream right?

4 comments:

The New Normal said...

I feel this same way. When my husband was deployed I feel like I had it all down and I was very organized. I had to be to make sure everything was done and we were where we needed to be. Now that he is home, I feel so completely disorganized and then I get angry at myself for being that way! My kids are already in school 5 days a week, but I keep telling myself I need to get with it because it's only going to get worse as they begin to have homework. Aggh! Like you, I'm just waiting for summer so I can finally catch up again...I hope!

Julie Danielle said...

I hate to tell you this but it just gets even more crazy with 3...lol I find myself feeling like you do all the time. I was never ever late until I had my 3rd.

I am counting down until the end of school because I feel like I need a break from the up at 6, get everyone ready routine but I know summer will probably be crazy too.

Kerry said...

Hey Shelly, you are certainly not alone when it comes to feeling this way. It takes a lot of practice and organisational skills to be better at getting going in the mornings.
I am absolutely positive that you are not alone in this, it is hard rounding up kids (like sheep) and having them ready and out the door on time.
When your baby comes I guess you will have to prepare things the night before. Lay out the kids clothes and shoes, have snacks and sippy cups etc ready to go. Have your own clothes ironed and waiting, your bag packed. Do it all when they go to bed at night.
Trust me, coffee does not make you a more organised person!! If it did, I'd be on time every time lol :)
Good luck!!

Lora said...

Found you on the Mil blogger directory :)

I just want to say, I've embraced the disorganization to a point. I mean when you have kids sometimes you are going to be late and most mornings are going to be chaotic. Instead of expecting it to go smoothly, I do what I can to prepare and then just try to roll with it. Of course I still have my bad mornings when I flip out that everyone is going to be 15 minutes late, but more often that not I just try and remind myself its better to send them off happy and smiling and keep the stress to myself, lol!

I can't wait to see your little miss, it will be fun to follow along! I've been married to the Army for 7.5 years and we have 5 kids and are on deployment #3. Good times!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...