July 16, 2011

Strawberry Muffins

I love buying fruit when it's on sale, but sometimes we end up with too much.  I had a lot of strawberries on hand and wanted to bake something with them.  My first attempt was a strawberry bread.  Unfortunately, I was sad to realize that after I pulled them out of the oven the centers completely fell.

So my next attempt was strawberry muffins.  I combined a couple recipes and was really happy with the results.  The kids loved the muffins if that is any measure of success (which it usually is in my house!)

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 tsp ground cinnamon (give or take)
1 egg 
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1 1/4 cup (or more) fresh strawberries, chopped


Preheat oven to 350*.  Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.  Make a well in the center, and add the egg, oil, and milk.  Mix well.  Fold in strawberries.  Use a lined muffin pan.  Fill muffin cups almost to the top.  Bake 20 minutes.

They are very light and fluffy muffins with sweet bites of strawberry.  I will definitely make these again.

The bread loaf next to the muffins is my banana bread.   
Enjoy!

linking up here:
Photobucket



Shelly

5 comments:

Createliveblog said...

I *love* Strawberries.
I *love* muffins!
Seems *perfect*!!!!
I always buy too many strawberries and they really do go bad quickly so it's nice to have a backup means of consuming them!
I wonder if it works like bananas, where the fruit slightly past-ripe is perfect for baking? Hmm.

P.S. I'd love for you to stop by my blog and add your recipe to my link up here. I'm trying to get a lot of sharing going on over there and these muffins look scrumptious :) (had to spell check that one!)

P.S.S. I'm a new visitor!

-Carly
www.createliveblog.com

The Fischer Family said...

Oh these look yummy!!! I wonder if the would work with the strawberries I froze a while ago because we weren't going to eat them before the went bad...hmmmm! I think I might have to give it a try! Have a great weekend!

I'll Love You Forever said...

Those look delicious! :) Thanks for sharing! Props to you for not giving up after the bread, cuz I would have haha

Jenna Duty said...

yummm!!! looks good!!

xoxo
jenna duty

www.thedutyfamily.blogspot.com

Quirky Homemaker said...

Those look yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...