July 9, 2011

Lemon Blueberry Bread

Lately I've been baking quite a bit.  We've been getting great deals on fruit but haven't been able to eat it fast enough.  I hate letting things go to waste, so I've been making breads and muffins and freezing them.

The other day I made a lemon blueberry bread to freeze.  It was a new recipe.  Today I thawed it out and we tried some.  It was delicious!!!!  I will definitely make this one again.  I got the recipe from allrecipes.com when I did a google search.  I made a few small modifications.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup white sugar
3 tbs lemon juice
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbs grated lemon zest
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*.  Grease a loaf pan.
Mix butter, sugar, juice, and eggs.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.  Stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
Fold in lemon zest and blueberries.
Pour into pan and bake 60-70 minutes.

I didn't take any photos when I was making it or when it came out of the oven because I wasn't sure if it would be good.  It was so good though that I had to share the recipe.  I just took a photo of it after being frozen and thawed, and I think it still looks pretty good.




Shelly

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds good and looks easy...a perfect recipe!

Lisa said...

Lemon and blueberries go hand in hand. Looks delicious. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your bread up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

Anne Garry said...

we love blueberry muffin. great job Mom!

Kerry said...

I will be baking this for sure!! Thanks for sharing Shelly :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...