November 24, 2009

Coffee

Last night I attended my first unit coffee here at Ft. Campbell. It obviously took me a while to get involved, but I'm very glad I did. It was nice to feel like part of a group. I met some of the wives from this unit right after having Sean. Many people showed kindness bringing us gifts and meals after his arrival. I also met several of these women at the Hail and Farewell I attended when Sean was about 2 weeks old. Last night they again proved to be a group of extremely kind and generous women.

At the coffee, unknown to me, the women had brought in gifts Sean. They presented me with a bag of gifts. It was so generous, especially considering I had not met over half the women there. I'm hoping I'll be able to attend the next coffee and manage a way to thank them all for their kindness.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...