November 17, 2009

American Soldier

The past two days while driving in the car the song American Soldier by Toby Keith has come on. Obviously I've heard this song before...really who hasn't. I am a fan of most country music, and this song is no different. But this song is different for me. I am sure many people like it, but my life can directly relate to it. I wonder if those on the civilian side can really understand what it is like to be a Soldier or be married to one. Is it a far out concept that they cannot imagine, or do they think they understand? When I hear this song there is a special pride I feel for my husband and our Army life. It is hard sometimes, and sure, I do complain about it (probably more than I should). However, there is a great honor in being an Army wife. I have experiences that only other Army spouses can understand. While I haven't enjoyed living in Clarksville all that much so far, there is something to be said for the Army community. There is an unspoken bond between us. During the deployments when you see other wives, you know they are experiencing the same challenges you are. While there are definitely downsides to loving a Soldier, this song reminds me of many of the great things about being an Army wife and how proud I am of my husband.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Hey, how was your playdate??

And, I know exactly what you are talking about.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...