June 20, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

Just a quick update on stuff me. I'm now 25 weeks along and they are leaving my due date as October 2. I think I'll deliver him a little bit later than that though. Sean's heartbeat sounded great. They told me the ultrasound looked fine. We're waiting on my surgery report from Ft. Sill (which is a separate story of governmental employee ineptitude, but I digress.) Until we get that report, it's unclear whether I'll have Sean via c-section of VBAC. I still have to talk to a few doctors about that anyway. Sean is getting so strong that Pat and I can watch his kicks move my belly at night. Overall things are going great.

It's Father's Day weekend. I know that Father's Day isn't really until Sunday, but we decided to make a weekend out of it. I baked Pat a chocolate cake with peanut butter filling yesterday. It came out pretty well, and is very decadent as Pat says. Today I gave him his other gift card to Home Depot because I know he wants to make a shopping trip there today. I only have a little something for tomorrow, but I think that will be enough to make it special too.

Now let me just take a moment to say what a great father Pat is. Ryan is always so happy when Pat is around. The laughter that is heard when they are together is music to my ears. Pat can be both stern and gentle, he guides Ryan and teaches him, and most of all he loves him with all his heart. I could not ask for a better father to my children, and they are so lucky to have Pat as their daddy.

I just wanted to add in a little photo of Ryan from this morning.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Happy Father's Day Pat!!

We have the best husbands :)

Um and that cake looks divine! I love how you did the design on the side! Way to go Shelly!

Oh and Ryan needs to stop growing up. Now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...