June 13, 2009

Anniversary Dinner

We had our anniversary dinner last night. Back when we lived in Oklahoma, we spent a couple anniversary nights at Outback steakhouse. There wasn't too much to choose from in Lawton at the time. Since we had a gift card already, we figured that would be an appropriate way to enjoy dinner last night. The food was pretty good, and it was nice to spend the time with my boys--even if Ryan likes to try to talk to the restaurant as a whole and give people who come to say hi the evil eye. :D
We came home and took a quick family photo that I used to update the side of my blog.
After we put a very tired Ryan to bed, Pat and I enjoyed some cake. The cake was SO good if I do say so myself. It tasted like a combination of yellow cake and pound cake, and I baked it from scratch. I made yellow cake and served it with strawberry ice cream to reminisce about our wedding cake which was a Strawberry Grand Marnier cake. Pat and I sat at the table and really got to talk and laugh for the first time in a while (because he usually works so late). It really was a nice night.
We finished the night watching some Entourage in bed. We only made it through one episode before we were both tired and ready to fall asleep. So we went to bed around 9:30 p.m. I guess we're getting old, but at least we're growing old together and happy.

Before I forget, back for my birthday Pat gave me two sets of earrings and a beautiful topaz necklace. He also had an amethyst stone he wanted to set in a ring. I asked him to do it for our anniversary. He gave me that ring last night. It is beautiful and big. He also gave me a Waterford crystal ring holder, which is perfect for me because I tend to take my rings off a lot.
Here are a few photos of the gifts he got me:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...