June 23, 2009

Desperate Times Call For...

Desperate times call for desperate mothers. As I've said the weather this past week or so isn't the greatest for spending too much time outside. Yesterday Ryan and I had a pool and water table day, but his cheeks grew red very quickly from the heat. Today is a similar kind of day. I just couldn't bring myself to change Ryan into his bathing suit and slather him with sunblock for such a short amount of time outside. I wanted to think of something new and fun to do with Ryan indoors, but wasn't coming up with much. I decided we could have a pool day indoors--in the tub. Believe it or not, Ryan has never been in the master bedroom's giant soaking tub. I figured this would be a perfect time to try it. I gathered up a handful of the bath toys and began filling the tub. I added a little bubble bath to make it extra fun. I got in the tub and placed Ryan standing in there too. It was instantly clear that he did not like this tub. I'm not sure if it was the bubbles or the depth of the tub or both. He stood there and cried. I was soaking and had been ready to enjoy more than 20 seconds in the tub, so I tried to convince him it was fun. After a minute or two, he realized he had all his bath toys to play with and bubbles really were cool. He was still a little unsure of the curves of the tub, but I held onto him when I needed to. We enjoyed a good soak in the tub, and I think it was enough of an adventure for a boring summer afternoon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...